Sunday, September 16, 2007

House Update


We have ask for and received a extension on our closing for the SC house. We STILL have not sold the house in Virginia. We do have an interested party..who is already selling a house in Ashland. They want to rent our house until they sell theirs, and then buy ours (it is a long story, and to protect their privacy, I won't go into the details here). Hopefully this will work out and will satisfy our Lender. We should know something in the next day or so. Mike is still haggling with the builder over the back yard. They fixed the gully running diagonally throughout he back yard, but did not build up the common area enough so when we got a HUGE rainstorm on Friday night, the water all puddled in our backyard. Moms of boys(and or dog owners)....you know what this spells every time it rains...I get muddy footprints tracked onto my beautiful hardwood floors!!!!

Aside from that, the house is coming together. We did have some disappointing news that we were NOT supposed to get a seamless shower in our Master bathroom, and the one they installed was correct. Mike & I could have sworn we selected that option BUT the good news is that when Mike had the windshield replaced on his car last week (another long story..it was the BMW and you know how he is about THAT CAR!!!) he talked at length to the glass guy about seamless shower doors and the guy told him they LEAK really bad. So I am moderately happy about our choice...I can live with that!

I can't remember if I posted this or not before, but Mike officially retired on August 31st. He received a nice send off from his squad and received the Lt. Colonel's coin in recognition for his 22 years of service (proud wife here). He has had 2 interviews here with BMW, and goes for a drug screen on Tuesday. Hopefully he will get some good news re: employment with them in the next week or two.

Well, I better run. I am actually supposed to be writing lesson plans but I HAD to take a break!!!

Miss you all.....Patti, Mike & Noah

No comments: