Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What I am thankful for.....


..okay, I promise not to get too sappy, but I wanted to post before the craziness of Thanksgiving sets in (promptly at 7am tomorrow morning as I head to Wal-Mart SuperCenter to beat the crowd). I spent the day today looking at my kids (the 14 I have at school not the 1 I have at home), and wondered what their Thanksgiving would be like. Since so many of them live in poverty, I wonder if there will be a turkey and the trimmings on Thursday. I know that many will get assistance to provide a meal but it really made me reflect on how blessed I am. So here is my list if things I am thankful for....
1. My family (Mike, Noah and Maddy {wherever you are!!} and my extended family- parents, sisters, sister in law, brothers in law, aunts, uncles, cousins, and nephews)
2. My health (it could be better, but it could also be worse)
3. My friends..too many to name but you know who you are. I love you all!!
4. My freedom...and those who are and have sacrificed so I can live free (a big shout out to Msgt Steve Williams- husband of Kaarin and dad to Karl Henry..be safe and come home soon!)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: