Sunday, December 23, 2007

Hello....Extreme Makeover Gingerbread House Edition???


Okay, this has gotten way out of hand. About 4 years ago, I decided that Noah and I needed a Christmas tradition. So we decided our tradition would be making a gingerbread house together (pretty ambitious for a Mom and toddler, I know!). Mind you, we are not making the house from scratch...we buy a kit. And it is NOT as easy as it looks (or the directions say).
So every year around Thanksgiving, Noah starts asking when we are going to make our gingerbread house. Each year it gets later and later and closer and closer to Christmas. So the crafty vibe hit our house today (more about that later) so we decided, it was time to make the Gingerbread house. Now, those of you who know me well (even those of you who barely know me) know what that I am a) a control freak and b) a perfectionist. SO you can imagine the dilemma I face every year when Noah and I start this project. The Martha Stewart in me comes out and I want it to look worthy of display in Southern Living. The reality is a) it never looks like the one on the box, b) Noah has his own "vision" of what it should look like and c) I need to relax, have a latte and let the kid work his magic!! So I let go of my pre-conceived notions about what it should look like and we always have fun, even if it looks a little pathetic. And my hope is that Noah will remember how fun it was and that is worth more to me than having a perfect gingerbread house!!!
I will post more pics later.

No comments: