Saturday, February 2, 2008

Wii are family....


I am not a big fan of video games...in fact I was very adamant about Noah not getting a GameBoy until he could read fluently. But friends of ours bought a Wii last year (and the hubs had a blast playing with them). The more I read about it, the more I thought it might be a good "family" purchase. Some reports have even called it the only video game that gets couch potato video game kids off the couch and active (the Sports Pack- which features golf, boxing, baseball, tennis & bowling- requires lots of movement). Once I was on the bandwagon about the Wii, of course I could not find one in the stores. So last weekend, I sat down at the compter, logged onto eBay...and began bidding. I admit, I got a little carried away as the prices started out low but rapidly kept rising the closer it got to the end of the auction. So finally, I bit the bullet and kept upping my bid until VIOLA...I won one!!!! It arrived yesterday and Mike had it set up before I got home from school. We played, as a family, for about 1 1/2 hours last night. And this morning after Mike left for a SuperBowl& Poker weekend with his buddies in Virginia, I was in the office grading papers at about 9am. All of the sudden I heard the familiar sound of Wii coming from the 3rd floor of our house that Mike and Noah's self claimed "man cave" I headed up to find Noah engaged in a game of Bowling. He is a natural!!!

So far today...we have played about 5 games of Bowling, some tennis, golf and baseball. He is also a natural at Golf too!!

Dad and Missy are taking him to the Circus this afternoon and I will have the Wii all to myself!!!!!Haha!

No comments: