Monday, March 30, 2009

Manic Monday.....


Spring Break is 4 days away and I am sooooo ready for it to get here. I think this week is going to be a bit insane...if today is any indication. First of all it is Monday...enough said, right? Well today I was supposed to be observed at school during a math lesson. Mondays are crazy enough any way, so I decided to get to school early to make sure I was over-prepared for my day. As I was unpacking I realized that I left my flash drive at home (yeah, the one with ALL OF MY TEACHING STUFF!!) I told myself not to panic and went into survival mode..I have backups of most of what I needed for today...so that was fine. I fired off an email to DH who was at home to have him check and make sure my flash drive was in fact at home..it was (if I had lost that...well, we don't even want to do THERE!). The folks who were supposed to observe me ended up not showing up (all that planning for naught....anyway, I gave my boys a DARN good lesson on data, surveys and tally charts!!!)

Then one of my "little darlings" who is a bit of a handful (strong UNDERstatement) decided to show out ALL DAY TODAY!! Working my last nerve....

At about 11am my phone rings and the afterschool coordinator asks me if I can sub this afternoon for a 5th grade class...SURE!!!

Well...there is light at the end of the tunnel...I only have to teach for 3 more days because I took FRIDAY off and I am headed to Lake Gaston, NC for a girls getaway weekend....so in 96 hours I am not going to be thinking about flash drives, observations or my little darlings...I am going to be sipping a margarita and living the good life with my girls.....

No comments: